BLOCK BOOK YOUR FORK LIFT TRUCK TRAINING AND SAVE £100'S
We will send our friendly qualified instructor to your site to train you and your staff.
On site block training e.g. 6 flt certification practical and theory test over 1 day From £ POA .
We will not be beaten on the quality of our training and the block booking price.
We are the home of the Guaranteed Pass.
For full details please contact Steve 07711 306605 / 01254 873165 Main office answer phone when teaching.
Side Loader Forklift Training
Rules For Stacking With Sideloader Trucks
- Approach the stack with the load firmly positioned on truck load deck.
- Stop when load is in line with the truck parallel to the stack, apply parking brake and select neutral.
- The technique of undercutting may be necessary during this operation. Lift the load to the desired height. Traverse load out, until over stacking position taking care not to dislodge loads in adjacent stacks
- Lower load on to stack adjusting tilt as necessary. When the load is securely stacked, lower forks until free of pallet or dunnage strips, then traverse mast fully in. Full observation and sound horn before moving off.
Rules for De-Stacking With Side-loader trucks
- Stop in line with and parallel to the face of the stack, apply parking brake and select neutral.
- Raise or lower forks to a position permitting clear entry into pallet or between dunnage strips, utilising tilt as necessary.
- The technique of undercutting may be necessary during this operation.
- Traverse mast out until forks are fully inserted.
- Lift load clear and apply sufficient back tilt to stabilise the load.
- Traverse load fully in taking care not to dislodge loads in adjacent stacks.
- Lower load onto deck. Full observation and sound horn before moving off.
Additional Rules For Side-loader Trucks
- Ensure load is lifted clear of the deck ore traversing.
- Ensure you know the de-rated capacity of the truck when operating without stabiliser jacks.
- Don't lift loads greater than the un-jacked capacity without using stabiliser jacks.
- Ensure that stabiliser jacks are hard down of firm ground.
- Travel with load firmly and squarely on truck deck with the forks just clear of the load and sufficient back tilt applied to stabilise the truck/load.
- Don't attempt to travel with the mast traversed out
Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98, LOLER 98 & Working at Height 2005.
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist. ·
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
PRE-SHIFT CHECKLIST – SIDE LOADER FORKLIFT
Operators Name: _______________________
Date of Inspection: ___/___/___
Shift: ___Morning ___Afternoon ___Night.
Hour Meter: ________________
YES NO Forks, Carriage: Damaged, Bent, Worn. (Capacity on Forks)
YES NO Mast, Rollers & Chains: Loose/ Missing Parts, Excessive Wear or Leaks.
YES NO Hydraulic Hoses & Cylinders: Leaking or Damaged.
YES NO Tires, Load Wheels: Any Damage, Any Damage, Bond Failure, Tread etc.
YES NO Overhead Guard Good Condition, No Damage or Dents.
YES NO Operators Compartment: Clean, Controls are Readable
YES NO Propane Tank & Hose Derv Tank and Pipes : tank good condition, hose not frayed connection is good sufficient fuel.
YES NO Capacity Plate: Readable and Understood.
YES NO Fluid Checks: (T.E.C.H – B) Transmission, Engine, Coolant, Hydraulics – Battery and Brakes
YES NO Operators Manual & Warning Decals: Visible and Readable.
YES NO Lights: Front, Tail, Reverse and Brake lights. Good Condition (If Applicable)
YES NO Gauges, Hour Meter: Good Condition and Working.
YES NO Hydraulic Controls: Extend, Retract Lift, Lower, Tilt & Side Shift Operating Freely, No Leak.
YES NO Horn & Back-up Alarm: Works Properly.
YES NO Forward & Reverse Control: Motor Sounds Good, Operates Smoothly.
YES NO Service Brake: No Loud Noises, Stops in Good Amount of Time.
YES NO Steering: Operates Freely, Smooth With No Strange Noises.
YES NO Emergency Brake: Good Working Condition.
YES NO Windshield & Wipers: No Cracks In Window, Wipers Working Good.
PRE-SHIFT CHECKLIST – SIDE LOADER FORKLIFT
PASS: ___ SERVICE: ___ Supervisor